Head of Validation
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
As Head of Validation you will be responsible for leading and managing the operational Validation teams within our Technical Services function. Along with your team, you will be tasked with delivering an efficient and cost effective service to both internal and external stakeholders, using your technical knowledge, experience and leadership skills to do so, whilst maintaining regulatory and compliance requirements for Lonza’s software, equipment and processes.
- Providing leadership and direction to the Validation Teams to ensure delivery, performance and compliance is in line with Technical Services strategy.
- Maintain the Site Validation Master Plan and governance of Validation procedures to meet current regulatory requirements, internal global standards, industry standards and business improvement projects.
- Engaging with internal and external customers and regulators, to ensure customer needs are aligned with operational execution, intervening as appropriate to resolve concerns
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with stakeholder and cross functional departments including Manufacturing, and Development Services groups.
- Manage validation consultants and contractors as part of the overall delivery of site projects, monitoring KPIs so that performance and value for money is maintained.
- Contribute to Global and Local initiatives where Validation can directly contribute / directly benefit from implementation of the initiative.
- Gravitas, intellectual capability and daily operational grip to gain immediate respect and credibility through the organisation (from shop floor to site leadership team)
- A track record of getting things done with the tenacity to manage change to a successful conclusion
- Strategic thinker with a passion for improvement – allied to an execution mindset
- Possesses the intellectual ability to think abstractly and creativity to resolve problems and achieve practical results
- Proven ability to lead, coach and inspire individuals and teams to set and achieve breakthrough
- performance goals
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously through to delivery
- Must have strong business and interpersonal skills and be a persuasive communicator – written, oral and active listening - to influence peers and colleagues
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.