Operations Material Handler
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza Pharma & Biotech has an opening for an Operations Material Handler at our location in Bend, Oregon.
- Read, understand and demonstrate proficiency on Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Required to work on a 12-hour shift schedule that may include nights/weekends and some holidays
- Read, write, and understand Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s)
- Actively engage in departmental continuous improvement activities, questioning current practices to actively promote and improve the work space area
- Membership in safety committee, sweep team, or ERT team
- Day to day operations of rooms 1060, 1070, 101, 121, 121 cold room, and area deliveries of solvents and removal of waste
- Maintain Hazardous waste manager status at the site
- Ensure the areas have adequate supplies of consumables, other in-house stock items and equipment. This may include engineering stores items and industrial gases
- Manage equipment transfer process to and from Warehouses when required
- Be responsible for all area logbooks, ensuring current versions are in use, log books are completed/signed off, and logbooks are reviewed and returned to Quality Assurance Document Control
- Performance of area housekeeping activities, including the prompt reporting of problems, shortages, or equipment breakdowns
- Proficient in Master Control at reporting and completing change control, deviations, CAPA, and procedure changes
- Oversee and request work orders for facility upgrades, repairs, and maintenance in area of responsibility
- Manage bulk solvent and waste offloads and maintain bulk solvent and waste area
- Other duties as assigned
- High school Diploma or GED
- 2-year associate degree or 4-year BS degree preferred
- Previous experience maintaining and operating SAP Inventory control systems
- Certifications in Lean Manufacturing or similar Operations Excellence
- Experience with manufacturing equipment is preferred
- Promote safety and demand high quality standards for work being performed
- Team player, open and reliable character with good interpersonal and communication skills
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.