Business Unit Controller
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Business Controller is responsible for all financial planning, compliance and reporting and analysis for the BU with full P&L and Balance Sheet responsibility. The finance lead understands Lonza compliance standards and works closely with various groups. Takes a leading role in the Business Unit Leadership Team to set, implement and deliver on business objectives and strategies
- Business Partner providing decision support to business unit head
- Shares global responsibility for BU financial and management accounting in accordance with IFRS, the Lonza Finance Accounting Manual (FAM), the Lonza Management Accounting Manual (MAM) and other required accounting principles
- Management of all relevant planning and analysis processes such as long term planning, annual budget, outlooks and forecasts, business modeling, monthly closing reporting, variance and analysis reporting, product costing, contribution reporting and others
- Capital expenditure evaluations and submissions Supports due diligences and business integration; Oversee the financial growth and integration of new acquisitions
- Coaching and development of world wide site finance teams
- MBA, Master, Diploma Preferred area of study: Business Administration / Finance / Accounting
- Comprehensive years of professional experience leading finance and controlling organizations; preference for site leadership experience in production as well as commercial leadership experience
- Investment analysis; financial reporting and controlling
- Experience in management of staff and ability to motivate teams to produce quality work within tight timeframes
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, IFRS
- Ability to be a "Business Partner" with commercial mindset to identify where improvements and cost savings can be made whilst creating and maintaining strong business partnerships
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.