Learning and Talent Development Manager
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
We are currently looking for an experienced Learning and Talent Development Manager to join our Centre of Excellence for biopharmaceutical process development and small-scale GMP manufacturing in Slough, UK.
The Learning and Talent Development Manager will be responsible for leading the efforts to build and scale the talent development processes and the performance management initiatives across Slough.
In collaboration with other Biologics sites, responsible for the change management activities to establish future oriented processes and programs.
Based on Lonza’s people strategy, establish and implement a comprehensive learning and development agenda for Leadership development - aligned with business needs and in close collaboration with managers and HR BPs. They will also carry the conceptual accountability for the excellence of the various programs and processes.
- Talent Development: Monitor and encourage use of IDP process, provide line manager training, support roll out of annual OTR process, lead SLT OTR annual meetings; report on follow up actions, i.e.:
- Support of the succession planning together with HRBPs (and Slough SLT)
- Assess and transform performance management processes and systems that drive high performance and engagement throughout the organization.
- Acting as an internal consultant on OD and talent solutions, to build capability in business leaders and broader HR team
- Collaborate with HRBPs and Slough SLT to drive change management, business and cultural transformation efforts
- OTR Nominated Talent Programmes: manage process to support nominated talent on customized development programmes and events at front line, middle and senior management level from G6 – G13, both on a people leader and technical SME path. Report on progress to SLT.
- Technical and Manager Fundamentals Programmes: manage process to support a wider group of people managers and technical SMEs complete blended development programmes to fill knowledge and skill gaps, set performance standards and retain employees
- Manage local Apprenticeship programme, funded through HMRC levy
- Advise local co-ordinators on the Early Talent Programme, established to attract, develop and retain high calibre undergraduates and graduates to Lonza, to fill talent pipeline and build EVP
- Support University and STEM Careers Liaison activities such as Award ceremonies, careers fairs and virtual talks to undergraduates
- Manage and promote the LinkedIn Learning, MentorCliq and CoachHub offerings to employees. Provide a conduit for other development activities promoted by the T&OD team.
- Manage Site budget for cross functional non-technical learning and development events. Maintain workshop calendar driven by IDP demand and requests from local teams. Negotiate with external suppliers.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What we need you to have:
- BSc life Sciences qualified and MSc within HR/Talent/L&D/Psychology an advantage
- CIPD Qualification desirable.
- Hands on experience managing talent development activities within a multinational organization and has a track record of working with senior managers
- Champions and role models the values of diversity and inclusion through everyday interactions in groups or 1:1s
- Ability to serve the needs to multiple stakeholders not organized in an aligned business
- Proven experience in building strong consultative partnerships with diverse people across multiple functions
- Strong Workday and Talent Management knowledge
- Excellent interpersonal, facilitation, coaching, communication and consulting skills.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.