Indirect Procurement Manager
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Manager in the Procurement Department will partner with key stakeholders across sites to ensure business continuity and meet site business needs. This will require effective collaboration with the Central Procurement Team to deliver value to site stakeholders. This position will also manage supplier relationships and performance at the site level and manage delegated spend while providing purchasing expertise in tendering, negotiation, contracting, and purchasing systems.
Collaborate effectively with the Central procurement team to deliver value and continuous improvements:
- Support Central Category manager with category strategy development (e.g. provide site current and future business needs)
- Support implementation and execution of category strategies at site level
- Support the execution of sourcing initiatives for delegated spend across assigned sites.
- Provide purchasing expertise in tendering, negotiation tactics, planning and contracting
- Support global & regional sourcing efforts
- Support the roll-out of new procurement policies/procedures and tools
- Support the optimization of transactional costs & efficiency of procurement activities (e.g. automation rates)
- Share best-practice sharing and synergies across sites
- Support standardization of specifications across sites and regions
- Track country savings performance and identify potential savings, risks & opportunities
- Drive utilization of on-line catalogues, E-Auctions and other leading edge sourcing tools
Ensure business continuity and meet site business needs:
- Ensure business continuity and supply/availability of indirect materials for production
- Partner with site stakeholders to understand and support the delivery of current and future business needs
- Work with site controllers to provide spend and savings forecasts to management
- Manage supplier changes and transitions
Manage supplier relationship and performance at site level:
- Maintain and drive professional partnership/collaboration with suppliers
- Manage portfolio of suppliers and ensure compliance with requirements/policies
- Support comprehensive supply risk assessment across existing supplier portfolio (incl. single source, capacity constraints, financial risks, quality risks, etc…).
- Develop and implement mitigation solutions for key business risks identified
- Be aware of the supply market dynamics and changes to ensure competitiveness and supply risks are mitigated
- Personal development and capability building:
- Define personal development goals and associated training and development needs
- Complete mandatory training and capability building program
- Train new joiners and junior colleagues
- Supervise more junior colleagues in the team
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics, Engineering, Procurement, or Supply Chain required.
- MBA or advanced degree in Business, Economics, Engineering, Procurement, or Supply Chain preferred.
- CIPS certification preferred.
- Highly experienced in Strategic Procurement.
- Advanced experience in pharma or another high quality industry preferred.
- Experience managing a team preferred.
- Customer service mindset and ability to manage several priorities simultaneously.
- Positive attitude with a willingness to learn new skill sets.
- Working knowledge of general business practices.
- Experience and knowledge of both Operational Procurement and Strategic Buying/Category management.
- Purchasing expertise in tendering, negotiation tactics, planning and contracting.
- Third party spend management.
- Able to persuade and influence suppliers to achieve best outcome for Lonza.
- Hands on experience of using SAP/ERP in a purchasing/procurement role.
- Hands on experience of using Microsoft Office.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.