Associate Director, Digital Product Management- REMOTE (East Coast)
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The newly established Digital Commerce organization at Lonza Bioscience is driving digital transformation across the organization and seeking talented, entrepreneurial thinkers to join the team.
The Associate Director, Digital Product Management is responsible for assessing customer needs and driving cross-functional teams to deliver business value around those requirements. The role focuses on initiatives to drive sales, improve efficiency, and enhance the total customer experience through the production of digital features and functionalities. Product Managers work closely with teams of developers, UX designers, and business stakeholders to support in-depth business reviews, develop digital roadmaps, and drive cross-functional initiatives. Successful candidates must be able to work at the strategic level (generating innovative ideas to further the Digital Transformation Program) and at the tactical level (analyzing data, solving problems, and leading teams).
- Translates business goals and end user needs into digital product strategy; communicates direction and product priorities to the development team, other matrixed teams, and third-party partners
- Develops and manages the product roadmap, demonstrating expertise at the product level, building partnerships with relevant stakeholder teams, and making trade-off decisions for a product
- Identifies goals, metrics and analytics to support business case development; continually makes recommendations and refinements to the product roadmap and backlog based on learnings
- Creates, prioritizes and accepts user stories; participates in release planning and deployments
- Manages and grooms the product backlog; makes future decisions based on the business value that will be delivered
- Participates in Agile ceremonies including standups, roadmap planning sessions, product demos, and retrospectives
- Identifies and considers pros, cons, issues, obstacles, upstream and downstream dependencies, and value associated with features and enhancements
- Monitors the competitive landscape to identify innovative solutions to develop a best-in-class digital platform
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Must have eCommerce experience within a large organization; B2B experience preferred
- 5 + years experience working in an Agile software development setting
- Agile or Scrum certification
- Website redesign experience, a plus
- Product owner certification preferred
- SAP Commerce Cloud (Hybris) experience preferred
- Sitecore CMS experience preferred
- Experience in Life Sciences/Biotech preferred
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.