HR Business Partner, Cologne
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Site Head of HR for Lonza Cologne will have responsibility to drive consistency with regard to all people related topics and human resources practices across the site. Implements and coordinates change initiatives to support organizational effectiveness within the business. Responsible for coordinating and some delivery of management training and education. Provide leadership in the performance management and salary planning processes. Active member of Site Leadership team and collaborates closely with the local works council. The site has approx. 120 employees within Operations, R&D, Marketing & Sales functions.
- Provide business support on all HR related topics to the site & leadership team. Key areas of expertise: Coaching, Facilitation, Employee Development, Performance Management, Succession Planning, Assessment and Recommendations regarding policy and practice
- Works with managers to develop and understand staffing requirements and human resources plans
- Will independently manage the most senior level projects or problems involving HR.
- Provides coaching to managers and supervisors regarding performance, discipline and other related matters.
- Is experienced in dealing with employee relations issues and investigations and provides guidance to other team members
- Develops and delivers training in key areas of HR responsibility including, but not limited to anti-harassment training, interview training and supervisory training
- Bachelors/ Masters degree in Human Resources related discipline, Business Administration
- Extensive experience of working in the pharmaceutical industry preferred
- Experience of working within a complex matrix environment
- HR generalist background & work council experience
- Experienced within a fast paced environment
- Fluent German & English
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.