Scientist, Product Development
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza Pharma & Biotech has an opening for an experienced Scientist - Inhalation on the Product Development team. We are looking for a self-starter that contributes to a multidisciplinary team to design, develop and advance drug products to the market on behalf of customer’s and their patients.
A successful Scientist - Inhalation Product Development must be sound in fundamental scientific knowledge and methods, proficiently execute a wide range of techniques and processes with little supervision, demonstrate effective technical writing, and be a leader and mentor in the laboratory environment.
- Analyze and interpret data quantitatively in the context of relevant models and project goals
- Exercise technical proficiency in the design, execution, and data informed interpretation of experiments that contribute to project goals
- Applies quantitative chemistry and material science knowledge to solve problems and plan work
- Familiar with concepts of technology selection and process design
- Uses published literature and seeks multi-disciplinary input to inform work
- Proposes multiple solutions to problem statements and justifies selection
- Develops and executes complex experimental plans if necessary
- Plans for future analytical method life cycle activities and documents method assessment to facilitate further development
- Document and communicate design and outcomes (both written and verbal) to the internal project team and the client with supervision
- Display leadership through lab management, continuous improvement initiatives, instrument ownership, or training
- Takes ownership in preparing in-depth technical reports, summaries, and protocols; effective technical writer
- Contributes practically creative ideas to client projects and internal initiatives
- BS/MS in Chemistry or Engineering related discipline with relevant experience. An entry level Ph.D. will be considered
- Experience in development of inhalation products preferred, applicable experience in other areas of Product Development will be considered
- Promote safety and demand high quality standards for work being performed
- Curiosity and a strong foundation in hypothesis testing & critical thinking, chemistry & material science, and data quality & integrity
- Team-work, customer service and good communication
Every day, Lonza's products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.