MSAT Upstream Scientist/Engineer (Midlevel and Senior)
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza in Portsmouth, NH is looking for a driven Upstream Manufacturing Science and Technology (MSAT) Scientist or Process Engineer to join our team. In this role, you will primarily be a Subject Matter Expert SME for upstream manufacturing processes. This person should have experience supporting at-scale upstream processing. This position is a great opportunity for someone with various levels of experience to enter a MSAT role focusing on the Upstream aseptic technique and mammalian cell culture.
Multiple mid-level and senior positions available; level of role is dependent on experience
- Represents Manufacturing Science and Technology MSAT on project teams as technical subject matter expert SME and interface with customer technical and quality representatives.
- Develops process understanding and expertise.
- Authors, reviews and owns process related documentation example process description and batch records.
- Authors/reviews change controls including managing the implementation of the change as the assigned change agent.
- Monitors and reports on process performance manufacturing data analysis and delivery of data in the form of live presentations.
- Minimum of Bachelor of Science degree required, preferred in Biotechnology area, Biological Sciences, or Chemical Engineering.
- A range of experience with biotech, process development, process scale up, tech transfer and/or manufacturing.
- Experience with cell biology, cell culture, scale up and mass transfer, bioreactor operation, disc stack centrifugation, and statistical data analysis.
- Strong knowledge of aseptic technique and mammalian cell culture.
- Experience with large scale 2 kL bioreactors preferred, mammalian manufacturing support preferred, able to follow cGMP and US EU regulations.
- Strong communication skills. Able to clearly express ideas and point of view both verbally and in writing. Has good interpersonal skills. Shows commitment and dedication and strives to be ahead of schedule.
- Practices safety awareness at all times and considers impact of actions prior to executing activities.
- Ability to share 24/7 on-call support while process is being manufactured.
Every day, Lonza's products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.