Warehouse and Logistics Engineer
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Warehouse and Logistics Engineer is responsible for the optimization of processes within the supply chain department (warehousing, shipping, material planning) with the ultimate goal to improve (process) quality and to increase efficiency.
- Identify improvement proposals, prepare business cases and project
- Process design; Engineer solutions to resolve problems an optimize processes in warehousing, shipping and production processes whereby ensuring logistics processes remain compliant to GMP (and trade) regulations.
- Support & lead improvement initiatives (e.g. Kaizens, Gemba)
- Perform logistics data analyses and reporting, resulting in process improvement initiatives.
- Optimization in use and configuration of ERP (WM module) system, throughout entire material flow.
- Support in development and/or data input for new implemented software programs
- Support in inventory level optimization initiatives
- Support in shipping qualification and projects and the setup of (program specific) transportation networks.
- Computer software skills, organization, record keeping and planning skills, multiple projects, time management, facilitation skills.
- Proficient written and oral communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills, negotiation skills, self-directed, independent.
- Collect, capture, analyse data – present in a concise manner
- Experience with ERP systems (SAP)
- Experience with (applying) LEAN manufacturing
- Experience with GMP regulations (FDA 21CFR annex 11, EudraLex volume 4) is a pre
- Experience with managing multi departmental projects
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.