Senior Project Manager
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
We are looking for a Senior Project Manager to join our team at our SSC site in Manchester, UK.
The successful candidate will lead innovation and migration projects within the Business Support Organization in the EMEA and NOAM regions.
- Ensure that the projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Together with project sponsor developing project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Together with project sponsor plan and perform change management activities
- Ensure resource availability and allocation
- Develop a detailed project plan to track progress
- Use appropriate verification techniques to manage changes in project scope, schedule and costs
- Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques
- Report and escalate to management as needed
- Manage the relationship with all stakeholders
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks
- Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Effective communication of status and risks ensuring internal stakeholder accountability and awareness
- Accounting / Finance / Economics or other relevant degree
- Second European language - preferred
- An acknowledged PM qualification (APMP, PMP, Prince2)
- Lean 6 Sigma – preferred
- Project manager with experience of project management within financial processes, CI project management and change management.
- Experience implementing and running global projects
- SAP experience SAP4Hana
- Experience of working with other finance systems
- Experience of working on Invoice automation or robotics projects
- Process knowledge in in S2P or R2R or O2C.
- High motivation with relevant project management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with good attention to detail
- The ability to work under pressure and manage multiple projects at once to meet deadlines
- Good organizational and time-management skills with a flexible approach to work
- Financial skills to manage and optimize budgets and profit margins
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.