Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The M&A Intern will support Lonza’s M&A team along the full spectrum of the transaction process, starting with screening the market and sourcing potential deals through outside-in analysis, as well as in meetings with advisors. Deal execution includes valuation, managing the due diligence process, and assisting in the drafting and negotiation of transaction documents.
The ideal candidate would be able to leverage academic training in accounting and corporate finance as well as prior internships in Big 4 transaction advisory, investment banking, or a corporate M&A environment. A strong interest and some knowledge of the CDMO and Pharma ecosystem would also be a plus.
For candidates willing to learn quickly and who enjoy working on collaborative and challenging assignments, Lonza offers a unique opportunity to contribute to our inorganic strategic ambitions.
- Supporting projects as they appear and across the transaction process
- Valuation of target firms or assets using comparable companies and transaction analyses, DCF and LBO modelling
- Update and maintain comparable transaction database
- Drafting of internal approval documents for our Executive Committee and Board of Directors
- Managing due diligence processes
- Recently completed or currently studying towards degree in business, finance or related discipline
- Interest in the pharmaceutical industry, willingness to do independent research and learn about key trends that affect CDMO’s such as Lonza
- First experience from internships in consulting, investment banking or corporate M&A
- Good understanding of M&A processes and ability to support sell-side and buy-side due diligence. Experience in virtual data room management would be beneficial
- Strong MS Office skills especially Excel
- Experience with BI tools such as PowerBI for scenario analyses and presentation of results would be beneficial, but not required
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.