Production Support Team Lead - Viral Vector
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza Houston’s Cell and Gene Therapy Facility is the largest in the world and our facility is growing. We are looking for professionals to grow with us and we have an exciting opportunity in our Viral Vector Manufacturing team. The Production Support Team Lead is responsible to oversee the on-time delivery of materials required for Viral Vector processing. The Team Lead is expected to plan and prepare for production, schedule tasks, and assign duties to material handlers to meet the production schedule.
- Set the safety standard and compliance for the team, and demonstrates expertise and breadth of knowledge in the logistics of Viral Vector materials.
- Own performance and quality of the work of the team, ensuring adherence to written procedures (SOPs), housekeeping, 6S, document management system (DMS), and monitoring material inventory to meet expected standards.
- Train and coach team members, review and manage performance, and support career development for employees.
- Demonstrate expertise and technical leadership in cGMP compliance, in-depth understanding of SAP and material flow and be able to make decisions based on that experience.
- Coordinate activities across multiple departments to troubleshoot complex and non-routine material events and effectively communicate that information to the appropriate stakeholders.
- Adherence to safety and cGMP regulations of the team
- Responsible and accountable of the Kanban system
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors’ degree preferred; will consider years’ of relevant experience
- Experience with implementation of ERP system – SAP background a plus
- GMP manufacturing background preferred
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule should the business needs change
- Previous leadership experience
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.