Operator I ( 2nd shift) Nights
Starting at $20 per hour with an extra 10% per hour for working the night shift
Weekends and Holidays Off
All lunches and breaks are fully paid
Overtime available for those that want extra time!
Choose your shift from the below options!
Shift Option #1: Rotating 12 Hour Nights Shift (with extra 10% night shift differential pay)
Week #1 = Monday through Thursday 5pm – 5am
Week #2 = Monday through Wednesday (or Tuesday through Thursday) 5pm – 5am
Shift Option #2: Four Tens
Monday through Thursday either 5pm – 3am OR 7pm – 5am (your choice!)
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza Pharma and Biotech is looking to add an Operator (I) to their growing team in Quakertown, PA. As a new member of the Operations team, you’ll follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) in a structured environment, understand and apply Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), and deliver results with high integrity.
This is an excellent advancement opportunity. Lonza Bend does retain several long-term Operator (I) roles; however, most Technicians are expected to progress to advanced Operator levels. Technical and management growth options exist.
- Operate assigned processing system to meet all requirements of the CSBP. Read and comprehend the Customer Standard Batch Procedure (CSBP) applicable to an assigned processing system. Advise management if any requirement of the CSBP is in conflict with actual operating conditions in the processing system. Operate basic suites with minimal supervision
- Observe and monitor general conditions in an assigned processing system, reporting on and correcting unsafe conditions
- Understands and follows all safety protocols
- Maintain an assigned processing system in a clean and orderly condition, removing all unnecessary tools, supplies, waste, etc.
- Perform equipment cleaning activities as instructed by manager, following standard operating procedures
- Label finished product containers and sample containers
- Conduct equipment inspections, recording data on forms provided
- Maintain accurate production and environmental records, recording data on the forms provided
- Inspect raw material, as instructed by Manager and record required label information and observation details, prior to discharging raw material into the raw material bins
- Place pallets of finished product in the warehouse area designated by manager
- Assist managers, as instructed, in any other activity that may be required for the efficient and safe functioning of the facility
- Other responsibilities as required
- Minimum High School diploma or GED
- Manufacturing experience desired but not required
- Ability to work in an environment with a constant, low noise level during production
- Good standards of literacy and numeracy
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays as required (12 hour shifts)
- Must have a valid driver’s license with ability to drive company vehicle as needed and pass a background and drug screen
- Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment physical exertion and visual acuity test
- Performing work in a clean, secure and regulated environment
- Required to lift 50 lbs. from floor
- Required to lift 25 lbs. above head while working
- Perform cleaning with 20 foot wand above head height
- Wears powered air purifying respirator on occasion
- Wears personal protective equipment during shift (i.e. coveralls, scrubs, booties, hair and beard covers, safety glasses, gloves, etc.)
- Able to move heavy equipment on casters or pallet jacks
- Manually manipulate drums onto carts and pallets
- Manually manipulate small parts
- Required to climb up and down ladders, bend, kneel, reach, squat, etc.
- Required to stand during majority of shift
Every day, Lonza's products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.