EMEA Payroll Specialist
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
We are currently looking for an EMEA Payroll Specialist to join us at our Shared Service Centre in Manchester.
The EMEA Payroll Specialist will manage and oversee payroll processes as well as being responsible for the accurate payment of salaries to Lonza employees at a number of our sites in the UK and Europe.
- Support with the payroll of employees both in the UK and across the EMEA region, managing relationships with third party providers as required.
- Reviews and verifies payroll data, calculates overtime and other pay premiums, and enters payroll data in accordance with country regulations (e.g. withholding tax, social insurance etc.). Performs manual checks and controls.
- Perform payroll-related functions under country and local laws, including but not limited to processing new hires, termination status changes, tax changes, overtime, deductions, and attachment orders.
- Oversee maintenance of payroll records and files including but not limited to sickness and holidays and other accrued leave.
- Collect payroll, benefit information from various sources, and provide monthly payroll instructions to our payroll provider.
- Control the monthly payroll records from payroll provider and approve the payroll.
- Instructs Finance to issue payroll-related payments (salaries, taxes, social security, pension, etc.)
- Communicate with employees of all levels regarding all payroll matters, including troubleshooting of issues.
- Assists with internal, external and statutory audits as needed.
- Assists with ad hoc projects as necessary and perform any other job duties.
- Create and update payroll procedure documents. Streamline and automate current processes.
- Experience of managing payroll process in high volumes would be hugely advantageous, either in the UK or EMEA regions.
- Excellent communication and administrative skills both towards internal and external stakeholders
- A positive attitude towards development and training with a willingness to learn and be cross-trained in other areas so as to provide support to the wider payroll team when needed
- Ability to adapt and be pro-active in order to adjust to changing requirements
- Experience of working to tight deadlines and perform all tasks in a timely and efficient manner
- Working knowledge of end-to-end payroll processes would be advantageous
- Native or fluent language in Dutch, German, Spanish or French, with local payroll experience in any of these countries would be preferred but not essential.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.