Indirect Procurement Project Manager
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Indirect Procurement Project Manager will receive, communicate and oversee growth and expansion projects and initiatives set forth by Lonza, to successful completion. Successful candidates will:
Collaborate effectively with the Central Procurement team to deliver value and continuous improvements:
- Support the indirect Category Strategy initiatives throughout the region.
- Be an interface with the sites impacted by each initiative, support the strategy implementation where necessary.
- Derive and agree a realistic Category implementation project plan in consultation with site Procurement and stake holders.
- Resolve any gaps that may be in the way of completing a successful initiative and escalates issues which may impact the project timeline.
- Coordinates global and regional initiative activities with Category Managers, Strategic Buyers and Stakeholders
- Support initiatives that are being led by Strategic Buyers which need Central Category team support.
- Collaborate effectively with the Central Procurement team and Site Procurement to deliver value to site stakeholders and ensure category strategies are implemented.
- Ensure that projects escalated to the Central Procurement team are scheduled in to activity plans so as to ensure site projects are delivered on time.
- Collaborate with P2P team to implement procurement process and system enhancements.
Ensure business continuity and meet site business needs:
- Partner with site stakeholders to understand and support the delivery of current and future business needs.
- Work with site controllers to provide spend and savings forecasts to
Manage supplier relationship and performance at site level:
- Co-ordinate contract reviews in the region and liaise with Legal when required and ensures all contracts are loaded in Icertis
- Work with the Strategic Buyers-Indirects to develop improvement plans for supplier KPI’s for the region and drive supplier performance improvement.
Personal/Team development and capability building:
- Define personal development goals and associated training and development needs.
- Complete mandatory training and capability building program.
- Train new Procurement staff and junior colleagues
- Supervise more junior colleagues in the team
- Perform other duties as assigned
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.