Director, Sales Account Management, US West Coast - REMOTE
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
We are seeking an extraordinary Sales/Account Management Leader to join our West Coast Sales Team! You will proactively manage customer relationships and ensure the successful execution of ongoing projects. Your day-to-day efforts will result in strengthening customer relationships, increasing account penetration, and uncovering new avenues of business. The ultimate goal is to deliver year on year customer satisfaction targets, and territory/account financial targets for the Biologics business.
- To develop robust and well thought out strategic account plans, and to obtain sales management and business unit approval of the plans
- Manage ongoing account business and contractual negotiations. Ensure on time delivery and execution of Scope of Work. Organize and host Lonza & Customer Joint Steering Committees and Executive Steering Committees
- Plan and perform the selling, proposal and contract negotiation processes, developing and deploying robust value propositions and action plans to close deals effectively and maximize margin
- Act as the customer advocate and leverage internal team expertise to resolve problems and follow through on commitments
- Demonstrated effectiveness in closing complex customer deals with multiple projects across all available Lonza technologies
- Monitors, manages and ultimately improves customer satisfaction. Performs regular account health checks
- Perform other duties as assigned
- A Bachelor’s degree in Life Science's or Engineering. PhD and/or MBA preferred
- Several years of commercial experience in the Pharmaceutical, Biotech or CDMO space
- Proven track record in delivering year on year financial and customer satisfaction targets
- General understanding of drug development and commercialization pathways
- Technical understanding of drug substance and drug product manufacturing processes
- Well-connected industry networker
- Accomplished presenter used to delivering impactful presentations to senior leaders
- Strategic marketing and/or commercial background, including contract negotiations
- Highly persuasive and proven influencer
- Strong communication and presentation skills
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.