Principal Scientist LNP (m/f/d)
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
We are currently looking for a Principal Scientist to join our team in Geleen, working on one of Lonza’s key strategic projects. As Principal Scientist you will be a highly experienced professional and a lead scientist in the field of biotech process development, with particular experience in lipid nanoparticle formulations, product characterization techniques and tangential flow filtration (TFF). In addition you will possess good knowledge of analytical methods, Design of Experiment (DoE) studies and scale-up.
Please note that in the early stages of this project there will be a requirement to spend some time in Visp for a short period of time before returning to Geleen.
- Representation: act as a deputy of the team manager when needed and support the process development management.
- Leadership: provide strong scientific, technical and regulatory leadership at project level. Lead individual scientists and lab technicians on complex projects.
- Projects: lead multi-disciplinary matrix teams on complex projects in the area of scientific expertise. Lead problem solving and lessons learned activities.
- Scientific tasks: design advanced experimental plans and data analysis methods, write and review high quality reports.
- Customer interactions: develop strong customer relationships.
- Training: lead training activities in the area of expertise.
- Lead preclinical process development research on LMP/mRNA therapeutical products.
- In-depth knowledge with lipid nanoparticle and/or liposomes formulation development
- Experience with analyzing data derived from process development, high-throughput screening and/or analytical characterization techniques (UV-Vis, fluorescence, SLS/DLS, particle characterization, FTIR, IR, DSC, chromatography, NMR or SAXS, etc).
- Broad & deep expert-level experience & understanding of TFF ideally adapted to LNP/mRNA LNPs.
- Understanding of preparation, stabilization and process scale-up of LNPs
- Implementation of DOE studies & high-throughput screen for lipid formulations
- Experience with different LNP generation technologies (different mixing technologies)
- Knowledge of scale-up, technology transfer and GMP manufacturing.
- Demonstrated ability to efficiently work in a fast paced and fluid environment .
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.