Specialist 2, QA - Cell & Gene Therapy
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Did you know that we are the 1st biologics contract manufacturer in Singapore? We offer you exposure to upcoming biotech and established pharmaceutical companies and to the manufacturing technology needed to produce mammalian treatments and cell therapies of tomorrow. Our global manufacturing network is recognized for its reliable, high-quality services, regulatory track record, global footprint, innovative technology platforms and extensive experience – we, in Singapore are proud to be part of this global network.
The role will support the quality operations department in Cell Therapy and is responsible for planning & supporting Cell Therapy operations. The aim of this position is to develop fill-finish expertise to support the flawless execution of the Cell & Gene Therapy production process.
- Support day-to-day Quality Assurance activities in accordance with approved SOPs / Policies for a large scale, multi-product, GMP biotech manufacturing facility.
- Planning for future activities and coordinate with other departments to complete the workflow.
- Develop skills to be Qualified Trainer in area of expertise.
- Develop in depth awareness of entire process; identifying operational factors which influence the process.
- Participates in Regulatory and Customer Audits.
- Participate actively or lead in deviation investigations, change controls, CAPA plans and closure of discrepancy reports.
- Ensure real-time decisions on process events on the floor based on knowledge of defined SOPs & policies.
- Develops good working relationships with internal & external customers.
- A competent Batch Record Reviewer, Logbook Reviewer, Master Batch Record Reviewer and Approver of SOPs, protocols, reports or records.
- Any other tasks as and when assigned by supervisor.
- Bachelor Degree with substantial experience in Quality Assurance in the Biopharmaceutical industry.
- Relevant QA Operations background with experience in leading small team for projects.
- Experience in deviation investigation, change control and CAPA activities.
- Hands-on experience coordinating & interacting with internal departments on manufacturing activities.
- Fair knowledge and experience of the practical and theoretical requirement of quality management system in a GMP facility.
- Meticulous and Systematic.
- Team player, with strong focus on safety, quality and timelines.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Vaccination status: As the above role requires you to work on-site*, only fully vaccinated** employees will be shortlisted for the role. For fully vaccinated applicants, please indicate your vaccination status as “fully vaccinated” when applying for the role.
*In line with the latest advisory from the Ministry of Manpower, from 1 January 2022 only employees who are fully vaccinated or have recovered from COVID-19 within the past 180 days, can return to the workplace.
** Lonza adopts the definition of “fully vaccinated” by the Ministry of Health in Singapore which means that you:
(a) have received the full regimen of WHO EUL vaccines from a specific manufacturer; and
(b) have met the prescribed post-vaccination period for the respective vaccine to be fully effective.
We provide company transport, both ways, at multiple pick up points.