Site Director (Bioscience)- Durham, North Carolina
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Durham NC laboratory-based manufacturing facility is looking for an energetic and motivated leader who can leverage their facility management experience, leadership skills, business acumen and high standards to foster teamwork and collaboration and to lead change and drive for results. This all-in team player will have 5 direct reports and 35+ indirect and is responsible for an a customer base that contains hundreds of bioscience clients.
The North Carolina Site Director will be directly responsible for the manufacturing, QC, engineering and facilities, EHS and supply chain activities for at this facility. This includes managing the integration and interaction of the numerous site functions to achieve the site strategic objectives, while serve as the overall leader for the site from a legal and administrative perspective. Your Career within Lonza's Biologics Division - YouTube
- Accountable for stellar customer service, efficiency, productivity and profitability
- Provide leadership to ensure all products are produced to appropriate ISO 9001 compliance levels
- Build a positive and sustainable culture and integration of the various functions
- Ensure that Lonza corporate programs such as internal audit and EHS are implemented at the North Carolina site
- Serve as the spokesperson both internally and externally; legal point person for site
- Implement and maintain continuous improvement programs
- Prepares monthly management reports
- Responsible for all Safety, Health, Environmental and Security aspects at the site
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Scientific, Business or Engineering Bachelor’s degree; MBA preferred
- Facility management experience
- Aptitude to understand complex cell culture science
- Lab-based manufacturing experience a strong plus
- Significant business experience in management/operations and project management
- Progressive management experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Solid global strategic thinker
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.