Senior Strategic Buyer Direct (DPS)
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
In this role you will support the central Category manger with category strategy development (e.g. provide site current and future business needs)
- Collaborate effectively with the Central procurement team to deliver value to site stakeholders
- Partner with key stakeholders across sites to ensure business continuity and Procurement meet site business needs
- Manage supplier relationships and performance at site level
- Provides purchasing expertise in tendering, negotiation, contracting and purchasing systems
- Manage delegated spend (CHF 50-75 million annual spend)
- University Degree B.Sc. Economics / SCM / Procurement or similar
- Extensive experience within category management / Procurement within the pharma or life sciences industry or similiar
- Fluency in German, English is required
- Acts and behaves as role model to leverage entire organization
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.