Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza is establishing a strategic bio manufacturing base in China using GE Healthcare Solutions. With the new facility, Lonza is responding to growing demand for a high-quality CDMO in the Chinese market. You are responsible for the manufacture of therapeutic proteins under current Good Manufacturing Practice conditions. You shall be highly competent in the relevant technical knowledge, operating systems and equipment expertise in the respective function. In addition, you should be recognized as the subject matter expert for most of the process unit of operation and is designated as the point of contact for process and equipment troubleshooting.
- Display superior process understanding & equipment troubleshooting ability under both routine & non-routine scenarios
- Maintain currency of knowledge in emerging and advances of technologies
- Attain subject matter expertise in ≥ 2 areas of manufacturing operations e.g. Upstream Process: Media
- Preparation & Primary Recovery, Downstream Process: Column Packing & Bottling, Support: Buffer Preparation & Dispensing,
- Attain 100% trainer qualifications in identified areas of specialization
- Able to assimilate quickly to leadership roles in other process areas outside of areas of specialization
- Participate in Customer & Regulatory Audits
- Follow through to completion Quality Tag-outs, Change Requests, Planned Deviations and/ or Computer Systems Change Controls (CSCCs)
- Recognized as a DELTAV system expert and competent in addressing and/ or reviewing
Minor/ Major Deviations
- Make real-time non-critical decisions on operational issues based on superior knowledge of defined Standard Operation Procedures & policies
- Review more critical/ complex decisions with Manufacturing Management and/ or other support functions
- Able to identify suite problems, troubleshoot, identify & complete or coordinate corrective action
- Provide formal peer review to Senior/ Section Lead and Section Manager
- Provide active mentoring/ coaching to Biotechnologists.
- Plan and prioritize suite activities/ resource loading on a 2-week look-ahead of production schedule
- Excellent coordination skill between departments for multiple parallel activities
- Able to communicate manufacturing operations perspective effectively to management.
- Highly motivated and is regarded as an upcoming leader both technically and in soft skills
- Direct day-to-day manufacturing activities of team as required by Senior/ Section Lead and Section Manager
- Any other duties as assigned by your Supervisor/ Manager
- Significant work experience in a related industry
- Degree/Diploma in a related Science/Engineering discipline
- Demonstrate commitment to current Good Manufacturing Practice, Environment Health & Safety compliance aspects of clean-room and production operation
- Strong knowledge of Biopharmaceutical processing is an added asset
- Excellent Knowledge of current Good Manufacturing Practice applications
- Positive team oriented attitude
- Good communication skills
- Demonstrate leadership skills
- Willing to perform rotating 12-hour shift pattern
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.