MSAT Primary Recovery Engineer
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza Manufacturing, Science and Technology (MSAT) is the beating heart of our global operations. We are a network of experienced and passionate individuals who use ground-breaking solutions to redefine perspectives. We focus on innovation to evolve the link between Lonza, our customers and patient lives we affect. MSAT plays a critical role in the successful transition of innovative technology and biologics process technical transfer oversight from laboratory to cGMP manufacturing scales providing our customers with range of services in the realization of the next generation of therapeutic molecules with one vison “Bring any therapy to life”.
The newly formed Global MSAT Biologics team will support the Biologics Operations strategy, in particular regarding customer centricity, providing harmonized deployed services and more consistency in execution. It will also support the new technology introduction that we forecast in the coming years, with accelerated timelines. Internally, this new team will have a close interface with R&D and Corporate Group Operations for early alignment, priority setting, planning and execution of our global improvement agenda. The technical diversity, strong teamwork and cross functional collaboration in a fast paced working environment makes this MSAT role dynamic, exciting and rewarding offering excellent personal and professional development within the function and across Lonza’s global biologics network.
Due to the significant growth and future expansion of Lonza’s biologics manufacturing operations network, we have a vacancy for a Global MSAT USP Senior Process Engineer working across cell separation technologies. This position will technical lead problem resolution and new technology deployment across the global manufacturing network. This role has responsibility specifically for scale-up and tech transfer of all Operation required for cell culture harvest and drug substance purification. The role will also work directly in collaboration with the R&D and Group Operations Engineering professionals to support delivery of future capital projects and network equipment standards.
The experienced individual will support the team to deliver the required cross-site support including external customers as required. This role will have in depth deep technical experience of design and operations of cell separation technologies e.g. centrifugation, depth filtration.
- Act as a Lonza network subject matter expert and point of contact for cell culture separation and product purification technologies.
- Provides technical leadership and guidance to primary recovery operations defining technical scope, planning, both pre and post batch execution according to network/external customer requirements.
- Works cross functionally with MSAT, Operations, QA organizations to ensure project timeline adherence is maintained and as required support global receiving sites appropriately in cGMP engineering batch execution as required.
- Supports Global project teams and customer relations to resolve and influence technical outcomes successfully in a timely manner.
- Responsible for subject matter expertise supporting and resolving any major process issues or GMP deviations occurring across the Lonza Biologics Operations sites.
- Be accountable to work cross functionally with Global process development and R&D in the introduction of new technologies into tech transfer projects to ensure harmonization of primary recovery process technology across the operations network e.g. centrifugation.
- Be a network resource for new capital project design, qualification and operational readiness.
- Demonstrated technical experience either direct or in a matrix organization over a significant number of years.
- Mammalian or microbial background for drug substance development or manufacturing support experience.
- Extensive experience in a new process technology development/deployment into GMP operations.
- Have demonstrable experience working in cross-functional project management with ability to multi task, prioritize and be an effective decision maker influential.
- Have a deep understanding of manufacturing process as a whole e.g. Supply chain, analytical, QA, QC.
- Strong technical leadership /interpersonal skills especially resilience to challenge are required with ability to work cross functionally with global internal and external customers on a daily basis.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.