Section Lead, Mammalian Manufacturing - Small Scale Purification
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Did you know that we are the 1st biologics contract manufacturer in Singapore? We offer you exposure to upcoming biotech and established pharmaceutical companies and to the manufacturing technology needed to produce mammalian treatments and cell therapies of tomorrow. Our global manufacturing network is recognized for its reliable, high-quality services, regulatory track record, global footprint, innovative technology platforms and extensive experience – we, in Singapore are proud to be part of this global network.
The Section Lead is responsible for providing leadership and oversight to all routine operational and administrative activities which occur within Purification through to Final Fill. Operationally, this includes ensuring key interfaces with the department such as Quality Assurance (QA), Engineering (ENG), Manufacturing Science and Technology (MSAT) are well fronted on a daily basis to ensure smooth day-to-day running. In addition, you are expected to drive consistency between the different teams within the department and to mediate/resolve conflicts across functions. Administratively, the individual is responsible for measuring the team’s performance against the Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) of the Department and to drive continuous improvements efforts.
- Equipment preparation associated with the activities
- Perform daily review of production or deviation or BR schedule and allocate the appropriate resource to ensure all objectives within the team are met
- Determine priorities and critical actions within individual team in collaboration with respective manager
- Expert in system user of business systems such as SAP, DeltaV, Trackwise, etc
- Involve in the deviation investigation, BR review and TrackWise documentation. Possess TrackWise Supervisory access.
- Provide necessary guidance and assistance in problems solving and issues resolution, including appropriate escalation where needed
- Provide on-the-job training through Performance Measure (PM) to support formalized technical and GMP training
- Ensure team member’s training dossiers are compliant and support the tasks that they are expected to perform. Own and monitor team member’s training statuses and work with them to ensure their training is up to date
- Provide continued motivational and team building atmosphere. Assist Manufacturing management in the definition, development and provision of career progression paths for individuals
- Carry out performance reviews and recommend advancements for team members where reasonable
- Lead Operational Excellence and Continuous Improvement initiatives
- Participate in Customer and Regulatory Audits
- Lead GMP and Safety audits
- Ensure total readiness of manufacturing suites, including housekeeping, materials and documents e.g. BRs to support shift requirements and any off-shift needs for the day
- Take overall ownership for the implementation and maintenance of 6S housekeeping system, BR and logbook review workflow, material movement system, change management in respective area
- Provide oversight to the proper equipment housekeeping on the shop floor
- Liaise with other support departments (eg Engineering, Quality Assurance and Quality Control) to ensure the serviceability of equipment and rooms
- Communicate end of shift status to incoming shift and daily updates to Manufacturing Managers as required for smooth handover. Use the Visual Factory approach to manage the day’s goals and responsibilities in line with the priorities
- Ensure BR comments and/ or deviations (if required) are promptly addressed/ raised
- Account for timely and effective logbook & 1st level BR review are performed in a timely and proper manner
- Work interdepartmentally to see that work orders, dispensing, preventative maintenance, QC, and documentation issues are resolved and enhance communications at all levels
- Able to perform physical activities in a clean room environment and be on the feet most of the time. Able to perform manual work (> 60% of activities) in a buddy system that includes standing, carrying items that weigh up to 12 kg, or moving equipment
- Bachelor Degree/Diploma in Science or Engineering related discipline.
- Experience - Advanced years’ experience in manufacturing and GMP setting, previous supervisory experience preferred
- Knowledge - Proven logic and decision making abilities, critical thinking skills.
- Skills - Strong written and verbal communication skills are required. Ability to lead others. Experience with 6S and Lean Manufacturing, Lean Six Sigma Green belt or black belt preferred
- Qualities & Attitude - The employee is living the cultural beliefs with the flexibility to adapt to changing business priorities. Is open to and actively seeks out feedback on their performance and translates that feedback into action.
- Able to perform rotating 12-hour shift pattern
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Vaccination status: As the above role requires you to work on-site*, only fully vaccinated** employees will be shortlisted for the role. For fully vaccinated applicants, please indicate your vaccination status as “fully vaccinated” when applying for the role.
*In line with the latest advisory from the Ministry of Manpower, from 1 January 2022 only employees who are fully vaccinated or have recovered from COVID-19 within the past 180 days, can return to the workplace.
** Lonza adopts the definition of “fully vaccinated” by the Ministry of Health in Singapore which means that you:
(a) have received the full regimen of WHO EUL vaccines from a specific manufacturer; and
(b) have met the prescribed post-vaccination period for the respective vaccine to be fully effective.
For more information, please visit: https://go.gov.sg/vdsmminfo