Quality Control Analyst II ( 2nd shift)
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza Pharma & Biotech has an excellent opportunity for an experienced Quality Control Analyst II to join their Quality team in Quakertown, PA ( 2nd shift) The Quality Control Analyst is critical to the Company’s success in providing a quality service to our customers in a timely fashion. This position carries out the practical work in the laboratory such as routine analytical testing. Performs required testing on raw materials, intermediates and finished products. May support QC supervisor to provide method technology transfer and project preparation. Follows cGMP procedures and documenting actions.
- Testing of raw materials, intermediates and finished products according to Standard Operating Procedures and Test Methods
- Records test results and maintains raw data and accurate laboratory records
- Maintain lab assets in accordance with written procedures and schedules as required by cGMP, GLP and ISO 9001 when applicable
- May write and revise Standard Operating Procedures
- Approve or reject finished product samples
- General lab support including housekeeping, equipment maintenance, inventory of supplies, etc.
- Evaluate existing analytical methods and develop new methods when appropriate
- Runs analytical method transfer and validation experiments.
- Method transfer, validation experiment;
- Assist QC Lab Supervisor on the preparation work of project;
- Assist QC Lab Supervisor on the OOS investigation;
- Provide technical support and answers during the analysis of production sample;
- Follow safety protocols; ensure personal safety in the working area
- Assist other Powdersize personnel with various duties when needed as instructed by a supervisor.
- Basic Computer Skills
- Prior Quality Experience preferred but not required
- Prior Microtrac and HPLC experience
- Available to work 2nd shift ( M-Thurs 5p-3a)
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.