Instrument Specialist, Chemistry
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza Pharma & Biotech has an opening for an Instrument Specialist to join their Product Development team.
- Schedule on site repair through approved vendors and hosts vendors on site
- Request quotes and or purchase of specified components
- Review results from vendors, draft summary reports, submit results for approval
- Maintain logs and required documentation per Standard Operating Guidelines (SOGs)
- Maintain instrument and spare parts inventory
- Maintain and support instrumentation
- Support of end user issues including troubleshooting & resolution
- Provide assistance in the creation of maintenance release enhancements
- Provide end-to-end support for issues requiring system change (requirements gathering, documentation updates, development, system configuration, validation protocol/script development to validation execution)
- Conduct user-training sessions for users
- Act as liaison between internal laboratory users and vendor to address various system issues
- Evaluate product enhancements and capabilities, in addition to implementing upgrades as required
- Author and execute Job Safety Assessments (JSA) on new instrumentation/new processes
- Author repair/maintenance records
- Use independent scientific judgment in interpretation of data
- Author investigations and root cause analysis in Quality Systems
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree required at minimum
- Promote safety and demand high quality standards for work being performed
- Team-work, customer service and good communication
- Instrumentation/Laboratory experience
- Pharmaceutical/Biotechnology or related industry
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.