Product Sales Specialist
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
We are currently looking for an experienced Product Sales Specialist to join our Centre of Excellence for biopharmaceutical process development and small-scale GMP manufacturing in Slough, UK.
The Product Sales Specialist provides field technical support for Cell Biology and Transfection product groups. They are a key contributor in driving large projects together with team members and growth opportunities towards a multi-K Euro business, developing new processes and tools to support the commercial teams, and drive the continuous improvement of the status quo.
- Provides high level technical and application support for Lonza Cell Biology and Transfection products. Develops value propositions befitting of our target customers’ needs.
- Supports the Strategic Accounts and Business Development team in the solution proposal and adoption stages of the sales process. Understands the customer’s specific application and/or needs to propose the best Lonza solution on a European and global level.
- Own the end-to-end planning and implementation of strategic cross-functional projects, while managing and developing relationships with different stakeholders across departments and countries.
- Understands the customer’s position in the discovery/research workflow and supports the Strategic Accounts and Business Development team in expanding business within current accounts by identifying cross-selling and next-sale opportunities.
- Coordinate with Strategic Accounts and Business Development. Working and managing stakeholders from different functions & business groups across countries.
- Supports prospecting of new customers and accounts by identifying new median and high value opportunities in their territory and beyond.
- Potentially lead junior members of the international Business Development team.
- Academic background in Life Sciences degree or related topic, ideally to the PhD level.
- Exhibits a willingness to learn and is highly motivated.
- Strong understanding of the drug discovery process.
- High level of knowledge on the products and regulatory aspects.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.