Associate Director, Site Direct Procurement
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Associate Director, Site Direct Procurement is responsible for all operational direct Procurement activities for the Portsmouth site. This individual will provide leadership, coaching, development & daily support to the Purchasing team to ensure all operational activities are performed in a safe, cGMP compliant manner at all times. You will define and implement strategies to further enhance the Purchasing process while ensuring alignment to site, sector and company goals, ensuring financial and GMP audit/ inspection readiness at all times. You will also represent the Site Procurement function on the Supply Chain Leadership team and during customer meetings, audits and Regulatory Inspections.
- Provide active people management & leadership as well as development opportunities and coaching to employees through feedback. Is aware of Site Safety objectives and ensures these are communicated to all staff to ensure adherence to safety goals.
- Responsible for implementation and best practice for procedures and controls to manage the overall Site Direct Procurement activities
- Support, promote and drive Daily Management System within the Procurement organization, ensure issues are resolved at the appropriate level of the organization and timely escalation issues when required.
- Oversee projects that are aligned to site, sector and company goals to deliver efficiencies and cost controls to improve raw material flow.
- Implement appropriate tracking tools to ensure achievement of all department KPIs that are linked the site and sector goals.
- Work with Inventory Manager and Logistics/ Distribution to optimize transit lanes with the goal of reducing overall inventory
- Support Inventory Manager implementing plans to reduce overall site inventory (raw materials and general stores) discards
- Facilitate business process discussions between SMEs and identify opportunities for improvement and implement
- Develop and maintain processes to manage supplier relationships through best in class process enhancements.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in the field of Business, Supply Chain Management.
- Master’s degree preferred in the field of Business Management.
- Ability to influence both Internal Supply Chain and functional leaders and external suppliers to support Site Operational activities
- Good communication and presentation skills. Ability to present ideas in a clear and concise manner
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to define metrics (KPI’s) and identify issues through root cause analysis
- Competent using MS Office suite, particularly Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to utilise Business Intelligence systems to extract data and generate reports
- Extensive background in cGMP Supply Chain standards/ requirements
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.