Analytical Laboratory Scheduler
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
We are currently looking for an experienced Analytical Laboratory Scheduler to join our Centre of Excellence for biopharmaceutical process development and small-scale GMP manufacturing in Slough, UK.
The QC Scheduler will be responsible for scheduling testing at an assay level in QC across multiple areas, which may include product testing and stability, method validation, raw materials and in-process testing.
You will work with supply chain planners to ensure that testing is scheduled to the correct start dates in alignment with lean lab systems, whilst providing support to QC in delivering all relevant activities on time to ensure success of the business.
- Establish appropriate planning and scheduling systems in QC or works with existing lean lab scheduling tools. The person will also ensure there is cross team visibility of schedules so that samples can easily be added to assays where there are gaps
- Ensure all inputs into QC from other departments are understood and accounted for in the schedule
- Put in place visual systems to display work schedules and tracking of stages.
- Drives continuous improvement of QC scheduling tools and systems
- Establishes escalation mechanisms that ensure time escalation of potential delays.
What we need you to have:
- BSc life Sciences qualified
- Demonstrated experience of scheduling in analytical labs
- Extensive working experience of Excel including Pivots and Macro’s.
- Will ideally have a background within Engineering, Warehousing or Validation.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.