Accounts Payable Clerk (German Speaking - 9m FTC)
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
We are now looking for a talented German Speaking Accounts Payable Clerk to join our busy and thriving Accounts Payable department at our Shared Service Centre in Manchester on an initial 9m Fixed Term Contract.
This person will play a key role in supporting the wider Lonza organization as well as third parties with their Accounts Payable queries and tasks.
- Timely accurate processing of high volume of purchase invoices (using OCR default)
- Analyze and minimize unmatched outstanding items and chase through queries
- Process, reconcile and report on Inter-Company vendors
- Processing of high volume of travel expense reports
- Develop effective working relationships with both internal departments and vendors
- Investigate and initiate queries with vendors in a timely manner
- Support other areas of the business as and when required. This could include providing project support to R2R/AR functions.
- Accounting experience, GCSE or equivalent in Maths/English
- Previous experience working in a Shared Service environment
- AAT or equivalent
- ERP (SAP) and Excel skills
- Tactful, confident telephone manner
- German/French or other European Languages preferred
- Adaptable and solid team player
- Ability to multi-task, prioritise work, demonstrate accuracy and pay attention to detail, meet deadlines. Ensure confidentiality and privacy of information is maintained, work in a mature, courteous and professional manner
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.