Research Chemist II
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
To perform scientific experiments with a medium-high level of technical difficulty and a medium-low level of supervision. To work cross functionally within the organization to provide analytical and technical support to facilitate the successful completion of projects.
- Planning and executing scientific assignments and problem solving techniques to support projects in Product Development
- Demonstrates scientific/technical accountability for assignment completion at project level
- Knowledge in analytical instrumentation
- Collects, summarizes and analyzes scientific data to prepare reports and make presentations, as appropriate, to disseminate best practice throughout the function.
- Authors and reviews study protocols, reports, SOPs and other internal guidance documents
- Ability to identify atypical results, collect data, and establish facts to support possible corrective measures.
- Assists with investigations, documentation review, and approves results of other team members
- Ensure training and documentation compliance with internal safety standards, SOPs, and cGMPs
- Promptly report identified Safety and Sustainability issues, problems, deficiencies, errors, incidents, and/or opportunities to management and correct where possible
- Bachelor’s degree in Science, preferably Chemistry
- Experience in a pharmaceutical GMP environment
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.