Quality Control Analyst
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza, Walkersville is looking for science-minded individuals to join the Quality Control team in the role of Quality Control Analyst. The purpose of a QC Analyst is to support the Quality Control, Microbiology team by providing safety testing for clinical and commercial manufacturing. The individual in this role will be required to perform microbiological safety testing and laboratory maintenance operations.
- Frequent performance of one or more of the following: bioburden, endotoxin, sterility, and mycoplasma assays, as well as growth promotion for media, raw material, and final product
- Assistance with maintenance of the laboratories, supplies, and equipment
- Completes documentation in accordance with GDP
- Supports the execution of validation protocols
- Compose/make changes to SOPs/Sample forms, and other regulated documents
- Coordination and performance of microbial isolations and identifications
- Maintains compliance with all required training and applicable regulations
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED plus experience will be considered
- Laboratory experience or vocational educational experience in a field like chemistry or biology strong plus
- Attains a solid understanding of cGMP principles. Acquires and documents training on all laboratory general tasks and is capable of performing assigned test methods and using associated instrumentation
- Knowledge of basic and specialized lab equipment desired
- Knowledge of/ability to learn microbiological methods and identification systems
- Problem solves by selecting appropriate alternative from defined options
- Strong written and oral communication
- Computer software skills including Microsoft Office
- Attention to detail
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.