United Kingdom, Slough
United States, Portsmouth (New Hampshire)
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza in Portsmouth, NH is looking for Principal Statistician to support the Global Applied Statistics team by providing statistical analysis and collaborations across all Business Units. Provides Subject Matter Expertise for statistical methods, software, and automation activities. Trains and supports user base in proper use of and creating objects within the GDM / Statistica Enterprise environment.
Passionate about data analytics and translating manufacturing, development, and research data into meaningful information
- Collaborates with stakeholders as needed for statistical support for eg. design of experiment, data set up and analysis, identification of appropriate statistical tools and their use, investigations requiring problem solving and statistical analyses
- Develops the necessary software/code to query and assemble data, and to automate solutions to complex data-driven issues
- Trains employees in proper use of analytics tools (e.g. GDM/Statistica Enterprise) and in basic through advanced statistical methods (e.g. Hypothesis testing through MVA)
- Actively participates and contributes to Lonza’s community of good practice on statistical data analysis to ensure harmonized use of statistical analysis and tools across the network
- Contributes input on multi-year roadmaps and subsequent projects to be initiated and executed across the global operations network at multiple sites
- Contributes to and may lead project execution for major process standardization and change & innovation projects at multiple sites
- May lead multidisciplinary and multi-site project teams
- Forge strong relationships with other departments (eg. MSAT, Quality Control, QA, Manufacturing, Analytical Services, Process Development, R&D)
B. S/M. S/MBA Field of Study: Statistics, Data Science, Life Sciences, Engineering | M.S. Applied Statistics
Pharma Industry - Advanced 5-10 years
Certifications: Professional Statistician - American Statistical Association (Preferred)
Prior MSAT or operations experience and background in Biologics (upstream or downstream), Drug Product, Small Molecule, Cell & Gene Therapy, or mRNA
Impeccable managerial and interpersonal skills
Proven track record of effectively interacting with senior management
Ability to work strategically and collaboratively across departments
Effective, versatile and action-oriented
Excellent communication skills
High analytical skills
Capable to work effectively in Matrix organization
Healthy combination of visionary and strongly hands-on to not only identify but also implement identified opportunities
Every day, Lonza's products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.