Senior Strategic Buyer
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza Houston’s Cell and Gene Therapy Facility is the largest in the world and our facility is growing. We are looking to add top talent to our Procurement group. The Senior Strategic Buyer will collaborate effectively with the central procurement team to deliver value to site stakeholders; partner with key stakeholders across sites to ensure business continuity and procurement meet site business needs and manage supplier relationships and performance at site level. This individual provides purchasing expertise in tendering, negotiation, contracting and purchasing systems.
- Collaborate with Central Category manager in category strategy development (i.e. provide site current and future business needs)
- Implement and execute category strategies at site level
- Support the execution of sourcing initiatives for delegated spend across assigned sites
- Provide purchasing expertise in tendering, negotiation tactics, planning and contracting
- Support global and regional sourcing efforts
- Assist with the roll-out of new procurement policies/procedures and tools
- Support the optimization of transactional costs and efficiency of procurement activities
- Share best – practice sharing and synergies across sites
- Track country savings performance and identify potential savings, risks, and opportunities
- Drive utilization of online catalogues, E-Auctions and other leading edge sourcing tools
- Bachelors’ Degree in Business, Economics, Engineering, Procurement or Supply Chain. MBA or Advanced Degree preferred
- Experience and knowledge of both Operational and Strategic Buying/Category Management
- Background within a regulated industry (i.e. Pharma, Food, Nutraceuticals)
- Ability to persuade and influence suppliers to achieve best outcome for Lonza
- Hands on experience of using SAP ERP and SAP Ariba (strategic Buyer in directs only) in a purchasing/procurement role as well as Microsoft Office
- Purchasing expertise in tendering, negotiation tactics, planning and contracting
- Customer Service mindset and ability to manage several priorities simultaneously
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.