Sample Co-ordinator (12 month FTC)
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
We are now looking for a Sample Co-ordinator to join our Research & Development team in Slough on a 12 month Fixed Term Contract (FTC) basis.
As a Sample Coordinator you will proactively manage and coordinate the receipt, storage, inventory, shipping, disposal and life cycle of Critical Reagent, samples and manufacturing batch material.
This is a shift based role where you will work 10.00-18.30 Mon-Thurs and one of either Saturday or Sunday. There will also be a requirement for occasional working of Bank Holidays as per the staffing rota.
- Receipt and processing of manufacturing batches in LIMS.
- Inventory storage management for critical reagents, in process samples, manufacturing batches and controlled material.
- Coordination of shipments of Critical Reagents, material and samples with delivery to the shipping department.
- Registration of Critical Reagents
- Coordination of distribution, stock issuing and reconciliation with all Slough site buildings.
- Co-ordination of critical reagent disposal / shipping to customer.
- Maintenance of the cold storage facilities where material is stored, liaising with the Equipment Specialist for annual service and requalification activities.
- Assisting the sample co-ordination team to implement improved and consistent sample management services to all departments and buildings.
- Maintaining the highest standards in the workplace to include Safety, GMP Compliance, LSO adherence, iComply, housekeeping and inspection readiness.
- Previous experiencing in laboratory or manufacturing environment would be hugely advantageous
- Knowledge of GMP desirable
- Understanding of receipt, distribution, shipping and disposal processes
- Flexible – willing to work weekends and bank holidays and provide occasional cover for other team members where required
- Meticulous with a keen eye for detail
- Well organized and efficient
- Able to work in a high pressure environment
- Excellent team player but also comfortable working independently
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.