Senior IT Lead
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Site IT lead is responsible for effective collaboration between IT and the business functions at the locations under his assignment. Ensure adequate, reliable and consistent IT services are delivered at the sites. Act as a key contact and escalation point towards site business leadership team for any IT related matters. Understand and support the site business leadership team objectives and align those with Lonza ’s technology roadmaps. Partner with OT team at the site to ensure site IT operations run smoothly without any disruption to business. Prioritize site IT demands in collaboration with regional applications and infrastructure teams; as per agreed governance process Co-work with Regional IT Security Officer to ensure IT security compliance
- Liaise with IT service delivery organization and Center of Excellence (CoE) leads to ensure IT service is delivered as per SLA to the site and continually optimizing the site IT service efficiency.
- Single Point Of Contact for any IT related topics at the site, Stakeholder facing role, establishment and management of expectations
- Capture and formalize site specific requirements that are beyond standard global IT service and organize service get adjusted to meet site requirements
- Review adherence to SLA by IT service delivery teams (systems availability, delivery of support, ...) and provide visibility to site leadership team on SLA performance, gaps, remediation actions taken
- As a representative of IT at the site, ensure that site leadership team take the required actions to ensure employees at the site adhere to established IT processes and comply with IT policies
- Co-work with regional IT security officer to reduce vulnerability. Promote the IT security awareness on the site.
- Capture specific demand for IT and OT services, plan and coordinate activities for delivery of required IT and OT services
- Responsible for development and periodic testing of the technical disaster recovery plan for the site. Responsibilities in this area also include periodic plan refreshes as changes occur in the business or IT service provisioning landscape
- Responsible for life cycle management of IT infrastructure required for business operations conducted at the site. The process includes maintaining an inventory of IT assets and managing risks associated with aging components. A critical part of this process is developing and sponsoring annual capital projects for equipment requiring upgrades.
- Ensure local applications are reported and maintained in IT Applications repository database
- Prepare and represent the site as the IT lead on regulatory inspections and audits. In the event of audit findings prepare remediation plan to address those findings
- Highly experienced in IT Management, Application and Infrastructure
- Bachelors degree in Information Technology or equivalent experience
- Challenges the status quo and looks for opportunities to make improvements in the IT service area and beyond
- Embraces new initiatives and drives successful implementation of corporate IT initiatives in his/her site
- Understands and explains the corporate strategy to his/her peers and/or team
- Sets and delivers on individual and team objectives that support the company strategy
- Works in partnership as an active member of his/her team and 3rd party IT service providers
- Generously shares information and knowledge with others across IT teams and business functions
- Proactively seeks to understand internal customer needs and requirements
- Uses systematic approaches to ensure customer and IT key metrics are tracked and analyzed for continuous improvement
- Establishes and consistently delivers on service delivery and project KPIs and challenging goals for him/herself (and team)
- Proactively shares credit for successes
- Takes personal accountability for outcomes resulting from choices and behaviors of self and team
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.