Associate Director OT Technical Operations
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The role of the Associate Director of OT Technical Operations is to provide technical input and propose solutions and novel technologies as a TechOps expert to meet stakeholder and business needs, supporting and driving the digital transformation, automation and expansion of the site.
The role will focus on ensuring that the site can capture, process and interpret scientific and business data to make informed decisions, deliver a state of the art, high-quality and user-centred digital and innovative site (“Digital First”), removing silos, streamlining and harmonising processes and automating as necessary for optimal digital performance. In addition there will be a key requirement to bridge and translate IT/OT technologies between business processes and internal customers to meet operational business, user and project requirements.
- Support the area leads with continuous improvement and delivery of reliable operation, development and security of the site’s OT systems, Services and processes, ensuring optimisation and compliance of these systems with all relevant local, global, industry and regulatory policies and guidelines (eg. ITIL standards) and delivery to internal targets.
- Provides IT/OT Technical Leadership with a good knowledge of a broad range of technologies in regulated environments. Capacity to bridge the gap between the complexities of technology and the practical needs of the business.
- Planning, implementation, control, and audit of service provision to meet operational business and projects requirements, supporting Customer and Regulatory audits and inspections as a technical SME (as necessary).
- Establish and maintain global visibility, connectivity and harmonisation (where feasible) across site(s).
- Coach, influence and direct technical / non‑technical peers with appropriate language for the audience and assertiveness for effective communication.
- As a senior member of the team, provide leadership and representation across site, championing key initiatives (eg. Hoshin; Gemba; innovation; EHS)
- High-level technical knowledge in: Control Systems, ITOT network, MES systems (Emerson would be useful), automation, Microsoft Systems basic administration, data collection, disaster recovery plan
- Previous experience working in a pharmaceutical or manufacturing environment
- Possess a high-level technical knowledge in control systems, MES systems, automation and Microsoft systems
- Basic knowledge of system architecture
- Basic knowledge in cyber security
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- A willingness to coach/provide expertise within the wider OT team and demonstrate excellent leadership abilities
- Able to plan and prioritise tasks appropriately with an appreciate for changing objectives of a large matrix organisation
- Experience in site expansions or relocations would be advantageous, however not essential
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.