Operational Excellence Professional
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza Guangzhou Nansha Ltd was established in April 2003, expanding Lonza’s global presence for chemical manufacturing and life science ingredients.
As Operational Excellence Professional, you will report to Operational Excellence Manager and be responsible for aligning business objectives with employees and management in designated business units. You will also serve as a consultant to management on continuous improvement-related topics, to the delivery and or support to complex projects within the designated business area/site as required. As a mentor to GB professionals on organizational improvement projects, you will lead and coach a cross-functional team comprising of GB and YB professionals in six sigma projects.
- Collaborate with LT to deploy LBMS and identify and delivery projects
- Lead high impact projects and apply lean six sigma tools to improve processes
- Input into strategy to align & priorities lean/CI initiatives & project objectives for the business area
- Work with functional leaders to establish continuous improvement goals & act as a liaison with finance to build improvement budgets & validate actual improvement ROI results
- Understand and facilitate the mapping processes, consider these in context of lean and six sigma, enable the team to deliver effective solutions
- Mentor, coach or train team members including white belts, yellow belts and green belts in Lean / Lean Six Sigma methodologies
- Facilitate Kaizen events and workshops with problem solving skills.
- Effect change by influencing operational teams to adopt lean concepts such as 6S, A3, PDCA, standard work, DMAIC, problem solving, visual management & the creation of lean flow in their daily work.
- At least 3-5 years experience in OE/CI/LSS with rich lean experience, at least 8 years working experience.
- Bachelor degree or above, major in Science / Engineering /IE with Lean & Six Sigma Black Belt Certification by reputable institution or company. Project Management Professional is a plus.
- Extensive both Lean and Six Sigma project and improvement experiences in well-organized business platform.
- Proactive, result-oriented with strong influencing skill
- Strong multi-task management & independency ability.
- Good communication skills and self-motivated.
- Good command of English.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.