Senior Business Development Manager
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
We are currently looking for an experienced Senior Business Development Manager to join our Centre of Excellence for biopharmaceutical process development and small-scale GMP manufacturing in Slough, UK.
You will be responsible increasing sales (revenue & profit) by actively selling end to end solutions and providing tier 1 field support for the entire range of applicable products. You will also gather and communicate information on market trends and applications as well as on competitive activities.
- Achieve sales targets by increasing product sales to existing and potential Cell and Gene Therapy (and selected academic) customers in a designated territory.
- Manage all sales activities in a designated territory. Proactively manage the sales cycle in a designated territory.
- Develop tactical action account plans to increase sales to reach budgeted sales objectives.
- Develop and manage call plans for direct selling activities to accounts.
- Manage all business aspects for accounts related to designated end to end solution sales, including complaint handling, forecasting and managing internal company business or conflicts to support account needs.
- Assess sales potential in order to achieve specific territory sales targets.
- Create effective end to end solutions by presenting the appropriate combination of products and their respective technical features and benefits to all potential customers within the territory.
- Work extensively in conjunction with CDMO MMDM and C> KAMs and Permed BD personal in order to find and win new business opportunities.
- Gather and communicate information on market trends and applications as well as on competitive activities to Senior Management, C> Segment Marketing and R&D.
- Maintain accurate customer data in CRM.
- Follow up on leads and opportunities in a timely fashion.
- Prepare and submit to management timely and accurate reports that provide information regarding sales, therapy and or molecule capture, market activity & current status of any/all accounts.
- Accurately report financial forecast information for the designated territory on a regular and annual basis.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- BSc & MSc in Life Sciences related degree.
- A strong technical and process understanding of clinical and commercial manufacturing.
- Cooperative and interactive with internal and external networks.
- Experience using CRM systems is necessary.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.