Head of Communications (m/w/d)
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The domain of communications is multifaceted and stimulating for Lonza Visp, the largest and fastest-growing site in our global network. Our ambitious goals and complex challenges call for a leading communication structure, strategy and team.
To fulfil our objectives, we are currently looking to fill the position as Head of Communications (m/w/d) in Visp.
- Responsible for managing / devising and implementing internal communications as well as location-specific projects at the Lonza Visp site
- Responsible for internal communications at Visp (e.g. intranet incl. EMEA support, videos, screens, flyers, posters, events, surveys, etc.)
- Overseeing issues management and events / crisis communication (preparation and implementation) in collaboration with event organization and site management
- Responsible for the organization and execution of Leadership communication platforms (e.g. newsletters, Leadership Day, management breakfast etc.)
Site development and Site HR and Recruitment Communications
- Development of the Site reputation strategy at the Visp site
- Overseeing stakeholder management at the Visp site within the ISO process
Management of communication department
- Responsible for the Visp Communications Team (five people)
- Recruiting, managing, supporting and developing employees in the Communications Team
Connections with Global Communications
- Fostering close collaboration with the colleagues in the Global Communications Team and ensuring the integration of global communication standards and initiatives
- Adapting global projects / initiatives for the site
- MBA or advanced degree in Communications, Marketing or related field.
- 10+ years communications experience, preferably within the pharma and biotech industry.
- Awareness of and proficiency with communications technologies.
- Experience running successful marketing campaigns.
- Leadership skills with the ability to set and prioritize goals.
- Analytical approach and lateral thinking capabilities.
- Fluent in German (Swiss-German) and English.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.