Director of Global Planning
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Director Global Planning will lead the advancement of the global planning work stream for our diverse multi-site division as we journey to a world class state. The successful candidate will partner with key stake holders to provide the organizational vision, plan and interactional reviews to support supply planning processes and tools to scale. You will expand the adoption of our SAP (IBP) tool to improve our planning activities delivering the supply of materials, intermediates and finished goods throughout our supply network. It will be paramount to ensure best demonstrated practices are harmonized across our sites and will manage all specified duties to ensure the monthly Supply Planning processes are completed.
- Accept accountability for building out the governance, cadence and standard work of the Master Production Scheduling, Production Scheduling and Material Requirements Planning functionality within Biosciance
- Develop and drive integrated planning vision and vertically integrated systems usage to actively communicate plans supporting divisional and client needs.
- Oversee the execution of the monthly supply planning cycle including the creation and updating of supply plans and identification of key supply decisions / tradeoffs.
- Ensure input from all relevant stakeholders are incorporated into supply plans
- Ensure and implement control in managing raw materials and finished goods inventory to prevent losses and/or scrap managing cashflow elements for the division.
- Prepare supply planning input into monthly Operation and S&OP cycles as well as annual budget cycle
- Create and maintain supply related KPIs and use as basis for supply planning improvement initiatives (Schedule Adherence, OTIF, Inv Coverage, Service Levels, and MTO Backlog management.
- Ensure supply planning teams input plans and maintain relevant supply systems SAP IBP and other SAP ECC data elements
- Bachelor’s degree; Master’s preferred
- MUST HAVE SAP EXPERIENCE (strong knowledge of SAP system); implementation experience is IMPORTANT as we transition from manual to full use of SAP for our integrated multi site/planning
- Able to challenge status quo and present new ideas in positive light
- Operational Excellence, Six Sigma and LEAN principles, a strong plus
- Substantial experience with end-to-end supply chain principles, including extensive Master Production Scheduling mastery in practice and through systems (SAP)
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.