Process Development Engineer 2, MSAT (Data Science)
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Did you know that we are the 1st biologics contract manufacturer in Singapore? We offer you exposure to upcoming biotech and established pharmaceutical companies and to the manufacturing technology needed to produce mammalian treatments and cell therapies of tomorrow. Our global manufacturing network is recognized for its reliable, high-quality services, regulatory track record, global footprint, innovative technology platforms and extensive experience – we, in Singapore are proud to be part of this global network.
The role is responsible to turn data into critical information and knowledge that can be used to make well supported decisions. Creativity and innovation will be important to success in the role. The role is required to understand manufacturing and scientific processes, be strong analytical thinkers, adept at statistical analysis, problem solving and programming.
- Lead the investigation into process trends to support process monitoring requirements, support preparation of APR and CPV reports.
- Lead/support the administration of the site’s process data system.
- Write and execute SQL queries to meet data analysis and reporting requirements for internal and external customers.
- Ensure database information is compliant with SOP and data-integrity requirements.
- Interface with customers on set-up of customer-specific database and user access.
- Keep current database with process data and analyze to monitor run to run consistency for manufacturing operations and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Provide floor and on-call support during production. Escalate issues to management appropriately and interface with customer on issue resolution.
- Support investigations into process issues or deviations, write minor/major deviations as assigned.
- Support inspections and audits by customer and regulatory authorities as required.
- Any other duties as assigned by your Supervisor/Manager.
- Degree in chemical engineering, biochemical engineering, biochemistry/ chemistry/ microbiology, computer science or related discipline.
- Significant years of experience in Biotechnology process development, process support, research or a related manufacturing environment is desirable.
- Knowledge of SQL queries or ability to learn data management skills is required. Knowledge of VB macros as well as Statistical Data Analysis tools is desirable.
- Excellent communication skills, outstanding action orientation, and ability to work well in a cross-functional technical environment.
- Excellent technical writing skills, ability to provide attention to detail is essential.
- Demonstrated track record in completing projects under tight timelines.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.