HR Business Partner, Manager
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Did you know that we are the 1st biologics contract manufacturer in Singapore? We offer you exposure to upcoming biotech and established pharmaceutical companies and to the manufacturing technology needed to produce mammalian treatments and cell therapies of tomorrow. Our global manufacturing network is recognized for its reliable, high-quality services, regulatory track record, global footprint, innovative technology platforms and extensive experience – we, in Singapore are proud to be part of this global network.
This role primarily serve as a business partner for the business that he/she is assigned to. Building strong business relationship with the internal stakeholders, working closely with managers and employees in areas of talent development, learning & organization development, performance management and employee engagement topics. Role will also provide advice to management on human resource-related topics.
- Act as a strong HR Business Partner to the business in providing the delivery of a broad range of HR initiatives/programs to ensure people, compensation and development strategies are aligned to corporate objectives.
- Responsible for executing the overall HR strategies required to optimally support the business goals.
- Provide advice and coach line managers on employee related matters including Change Management, Employee Performance management; Manpower planning; Recruitment strategies and employee engagement.
- Work closely with the business leaders in order to anticipate future needs, developing trends and recommend proactively HR interventions to strengthen the support to the business.
- As part of improvement, contribute ideas, best practices to enable forward-thinking HR initiatives and programs to support the business.
- Educate line managers on HR system, policy and work process and HR tools.
- Ensure that the business complies with relevant employment regulations and laws.
- Provide oversight on HR data analytics to develop insights for business planning and operations.
- Collaborate with Global HRBP for alignment and execution of Corporate HR initiatives.
- Assist in preparation of annual budget and forecast.
- Significant years of HR related experience especially in Business Partnering; and wide spectrum of HR function including recruitment and engagement.
- Likes working in a fast paced, ever evolving environment.
- Possess good and current knowledge of local employment laws and regulation.
- Experience in coaching line managers.
- Experience in developing HR strategy while having an eye on details.
- Willing to work on details, organize, plan and execute.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Enjoys working in team and collaborating with others.
- Willing to take occasional night calls.
- Possess relevant recognized educational background in Human Resource Management or Business Administration.
- Knowledge with HR Workday system would be advantageous.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Vaccination status: As the above role requires you to work on-site*, only fully vaccinated** employees will be shortlisted for the role. For fully vaccinated applicants, please indicate your vaccination status as “fully vaccinated” when applying for the role.
*In line with the latest advisory from the Ministry of Manpower, from 1 January 2022 only employees who are fully vaccinated or have recovered from COVID-19 within the past 180 days, can return to the workplace.
** Lonza adopts the definition of “fully vaccinated” by the Ministry of Health in Singapore which means that you:
(a) have received the full regimen of WHO EUL vaccines from a specific manufacturer; and
(b) have met the prescribed post-vaccination period for the respective vaccine to be fully effective.
We provide company transport, both ways, at multiple pick up points.