Associate Director Supply Chain
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza Greenwood’s Dosage Form Solution Facility(DFS) is looking for an Associate Director for our Supply Chain group. Dosage Form Solutions is a rapid-fire, innovative contract manufacturer in an explosive market that enables our customers to build brands and stand out from their competition by delivering interesting and innovative dosage forms, typically in the health and nutrition space. This position will provide leadership and direction across all facets of supply chain management including purchasing, inventory management, material forecasting, capacity planning, sourcing, master scheduling, inventory control supporting and logistics/warehousing for such brands as Licaps®, UCII®, L-OptiZinc®, ZMA®, Meratrim®, Relora®, others.
- Maintain the highest safety standards for DFS and ingredient businesses with a focus on 0 incidents.
- Translate the business strategy into a people development strategy; build and maintain an increasingly enabled team that can execute the business strategy
- Establishes annual goals and objectives, (including stretch targets) in coordination with corporate objectives, and manages performance to ensure attainment
- Establish a 5 year plan and work with the leadership team to align the unconstrained demand and investment strategy to increase DFS/Ingredient revenue streams, profitability, and maintain best in class service levels
- Direct the activities of all functions involved in the purchasing, planning, warehousing and control of materials from the receipt of forecasting replenishment needs to the delivery of the finished product into finished goods inventory and delivery of products to customer(s) for the DFS and Ingredient businesses to meet or exceed the business objectives
- Develop and manage departmental budgets accordingly
- Manage inventory and establishes controls to ensure DFS and Ingredient businesses are operating at the highest level of performance based on key performance metrics and minimized supply chain risk optimizing material availability with the lowest cost and optimal working capital
- Project financial outcomes for monthly/annual planning based on incomings, raw material availability, production schedule and run rate
- Develop strategies, policies, procedures, and overall team to optimize value of the entire function in creating a world class materials management group
- Develop processes for on-going inventory management with a focus on promoting sales of slow moving and aged inventory. Partner with sales, finance and planning to lead processes associated with slow-moving, excess, and obsolete inventory according to the established targets
- Work cross functionally to support all new and changes to products; ensure material procurement and receipt in support of new, change, and deleted products
- Develop and continuously improve supplier programs that drive margin and service levels.
- Participate in existing and new product planning processes to assure timely acquisition of materials to support product launches
- Drive the use of our ERP system (SAP) and optimize its use
- Support negotiation efforts for major contracts both customer and vendor-facing
- Lead and coach others in maintaining excellence on cGMP, quality control, and safety
- 8+ years of Supply Chain process experience in supply planning and / or material planning
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain or related field, MBA preferred
- Strong and proactive communication skills
- Effective collaboration skills including the ability to work as part of and lead teams
- Strong understanding of end to end supply chain and inventory impacts based on cross-functional decisions
- Experience with ERP systems(SAP)
- Innovative with data analysis tools such as Power BI, Analysis for SAP, BI Analytics or similar tools preferred
- Must have demonstrated ability to create concepts, practices, and tools to resolve problems or improve processes. Must have demonstrated example leading a successful process improvement
- Comfortable working with Microsoft Office Suite
- Travel as necessary to trade shows, business partners, etc.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.