Sales & Operations Specialist (1 year contract)
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Did you know that we are the 1st biologics contract manufacturer in Singapore? We offer you exposure to upcoming biotech and established pharmaceutical companies and to the manufacturing technology needed to produce mammalian treatments and cell therapies of tomorrow. Our global manufacturing network is recognized for its reliable, high-quality services, regulatory track record, global footprint, innovative technology platforms and extensive experience – we, in Singapore are proud to be part of this global network.
As a Sales & Operations Specialist, role will be required to provide support mainly to the Customer service, Logistics and Sales team. Role will execute and process customer sales order, arrange deliveries, provide After Sales support to customer to ensure customer satisfaction.
The role will also support, maintain and do regular checks on shipping, customer order and service documents and ensure proper filing/e filing. Additionally, assistance in the finance aspect such as provide statement of account, chasing over-due payment, assisting in E invoice is also required.
- Involve in continuous process improvement to enhance efficiency of sales process and backend office work flow. May create, maintain and modify documents including SOPs, forms, etc. in SAP, SAFC systems.
- Process and solves common issues related to customer service, sales processes, delivery, inventory etc.
- Provide after sales support to customer such as enquires, complaints, repairs and others.
- Support on new account registrations, material management in SAP.
- Efficient maintenance, storage & retrieval of files, documents, reports and records.
- Assist and support sales team with debt collections and submission of Invoices in timely manner.
- Any other tasks as and when assigned by the supervisor.
- Working experience or exposure in Life Science Industry or from a Sales/Marketing environment.
- Must be organized, self-disciplined and a quick learner.
- Must be a flexible self-starter with excellent attention to detail and the ability to perform expeditiously and accurately with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to successfully prioritize and manage multiple simultaneous projects; possess strong time management skills; is thorough and possesses strong follow through skills.
- Demonstrated Computer software skills including Microsoft Office (Computer literate), maintaining CRM database, spreadsheet creation and maintenance skills, filing, organization, record keeping.
- Knowledge of SAP & CRM is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong, customer-focused philosophy.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Vaccination status: As the above role requires you to work on-site*, only fully vaccinated** employees will be shortlisted for the role. For fully vaccinated applicants, please indicate your vaccination status as “fully vaccinated” when applying for the role.
*In line with the latest advisory from the Ministry of Manpower, from 1 January 2022 only employees who are fully vaccinated or have recovered from COVID-19 within the past 180 days, can return to the workplace.
** Lonza adopts the definition of “fully vaccinated” by the Ministry of Health in Singapore which means that you:
(a) have received the full regimen of WHO EUL vaccines from a specific manufacturer; and
(b) have met the prescribed post-vaccination period for the respective vaccine to be fully effective.