Informatics Specialist (1st Line IT Support)
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
As Informatics Analyst you will act as the 1st line of support for any queries relating to our systems and software. In doing so, you will create yourself a distinct profile within the Lonza organization as a key point of contact within the Informatics department. If you have a passion for customer service, a willingness to learn and previous experience in a 1st Line Support type role then this is a great opportunity to join a leading global business where you will receive a wealth of training and development that will set you up to excel in your field and become a subject matter expert.
- Provide hands-on operational support (technology, out-of-the-box configurations, process and content) for installed solutions.
- Responsible for the data integrity and quality/compliance of the core informatics systems
- Support the end user base in using the above software/systems, to assist in search, transformation and reporting of scientific data to customers and management.
- Perform high level system administration of OT systems: managing the user roles, including their configurations, security rights and access rights
- Perform help desk functions for more complex problems, including problem tracking, analysis, resolution, escalation, and coordination
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Previous experience in a 1st line support role or similar background
- Excellent customer and interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate across a range of formats
- Willingness to learn and develop
- Meticulous and well-organised
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.