Shipping/Receiving & Distribution Associate
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Our Walkersville, MD facility is hiring for Distribution Associates. You will provide daily support to the operations of the Distribution department with awareness and knowledge of the various areas of the operation (Receiving, Shipping, Warehousing and On-Call). The successful candidate(s) will be assigned to one of these areas with occasional overtime while continuing to cross train to gain knowledge of the operations. In these roles you will utilize the SAP system to perform transactions such as Goods Receipt, Shipments, Stock Overview, Stock Put away and Material Movement all while ensuring GMP compliance.
- Cross trained and proficient in execution in three of the four functional areas; participate in and rotate appropriately (Receiving, Shipping, Warehousing, On-Call Site Support) with a general working knowledge in the remaining area. Attain basic understanding of SAP transactions directly related to core area duties.
- Accurately enter a variety of SAP transactions or reports (Goods Receipt, Shipments, Stock Overview, Stock Put-Away, and Material Movements).
- Perform general warehouse processes (Location/Put-Away, Retrieval/Picking, Receiving, Stock Consolidation and Picking/Packing) ensuring compliance with GMP requirements.
- Continue with ongoing required area training to increase knowledge and understanding.
- Complete ongoing Employee Health & Safety (EHS) awareness training.
- Complete training on job-related equipment (i.e. pallets jacks, fork trucks, order pickers, motor vehicle use).
- Safely, properly and efficiently operate material handling equipment.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent is required
- Ability to complete tasks in a timely manner
- Excellent work record (includes tardiness and absenteeism record)
- Attention to detail, producing minimal error rate
- Basic computer knowledge including Word, Excel, Outlook or equivalent
- Ability to receive, track and distribute stock
- Ability to prepare and follow routine administrative paperwork
- Ability to sort, check, count and verify numbers
- Flexibility to work various shifts.
Every day, Lonza's products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.