Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Maintenance Planner/Scheduler is responsible for detailed maintenance scheduling of one Asset Centric Organization (ACO) production/support area at a time. This individual will help improve work force productivity, increase the efficiency/quality of maintenance work performed, and assist with preparation of maintenance execution work packages. This is achieved by being part of a cross-functional team with the objective of eliminating potential delays through planning, allocation and coordination of labor resources (direct and contractor), accounting for required parts, permits and tagout requirements. The Maintenance Planner/Scheduler is required to complete all necessary SAP PM module activities to support maintenance activities for on time completion.
- Interacts with maintenance schedulers, technicians, shift leads, & work center supervisors to identify key criteria to aid in the scheduling of maintenance work. Prioritization of work packages, plan resource commitments, verify parts needed are still available after planning.
- Obtains updates of completed work from the various site trade groups for confirmation of work completions or to determine reason for inability of maintain the schedule. Manages tracking of open work requests and work packages that have been planned and are awaiting scheduling.
- Prepares, sends, and updates critical maintenance scheduling communications to team members. Conducts meetings related to both planning and scheduling in order to ensure good communication within team. Assists in documentation of assigned actions and follows up to ensure timely completions by others
- Performs other duties as required to improve efficiencies of internal MPG department workflow processes, update core maintenance process SOPs, planning support of small and large scale Capital Projects (Global and local)
- Maintains CMMS database Master data including updates to maintenance plans and spare part requirements. Develops and maintains tracking spreadsheets to provide performance metrics and trend analysis of the maintenance organization
- Delivers training and prepares training content pertaining to the tactical use of the CMMS by internal users of the maintenance system
- Create, track and maintain the short term schedules to provide visibility to defined departments to drive short term execution of plans
- Incorporate input from all relevant departments to ensure schedules are realistic within relevant constraints and latest information
- Drive optimization of schedules by balancing demand priorities against optimal production sequencing and efficient resource (facility/suite, equipment, staff, materials etc.) utilization
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Masters Degree preferred; Preferred field of study, Supply Chain or Business Management.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Demonstrated ability to work well with cross-functional teams. Business systems and mechanical knowledge a plus
- Basic knowledge of CMMS systems, preferably SAP Plant Maintenance module. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite applications, exposure to cGMP guiding work practices and principles
- CPIM Certification highly desired
- Significant experience in a Scheduler role, preferably within a GMP (Good Manufacturing Principles) environment.
- Ability to influence both Supply Chain and functional leaders to support production optimisation recommendations
- Good communication and presentation skills. Ability to present ideas in a clear and concise manner
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to measure and report metrics (KPI’s) and help to identify issues through peers and manager through root cause analysis
- Experience with production scheduling systems and ERP systems
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.