Quality Control Analyst, Microbiology
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The purpose of this role is to support the Quality Control, Microbiology team in clinical and commercial manufacture. The individual in this role will be required to perform assays associated with microbiology and perform laboratory maintenance.
- Performance and sample tracking of bioburden assays.
- Performance of microbiological assays for media, raw material, and product release.
- Coordination and performance of microbial isolations and identifications.
- Assistance with maintenance of the laboratories, supplies, and equipment.
- Completes documentation in accordance with GDP.
- Supports the execution of validation protocols.
- Maintains compliance with all required training.
- Aseptic manipulation testing qualification is required. There will be events where many hours working within a biosafety cabinet is required. Work hours may vary dependent on the demands of individual manufacture events.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor degree in science discipline, microbiology or biology preferred
- Working knowledge of Quality Control principles
- Knowledge of cGMP (Biotech/ Pharmaceutical industry) and regulatory required
- Must be able to demonstrate and perform aseptic techniques within a Grade A environment
- Demonstrated knowledge in general laboratory skills and microbiological assays, environmental monitoring, and aseptic processing. Demonstrated knowledge of cGMP
- Proficient in the use of spreadsheets, databases, and word processing software
- Prior experience with SAP and LIMs a plus
- Able to identify and respond to assay concerns and out of specification events in accordance with SOPs
- Provides suggestions for improvement to documentation and workflows
- Demonstrated experience in management of assay tasks and schedules
- Escalates roadblocks to project/task completion
- Strong organizational skills
- Provides timely, clear, and accurate updates without being prompted
- Records test results and maintains raw data and accurate laboratory records
- Dependable and able to work well within a team
- Communicate and provide project and assay status to the team
- Can be counted on to complete both routine work assignments and projects on time or ahead of schedule without routine reminders
- Interested in learning new things
- Is optimistic and displays a positive attitude even during periods of adversity
- Champions change speaking positively to and about others in all situations
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.