Site Production Operator
Site Production Operator (Diagnostics Technician)
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Site Operator is responsible for performing operator tasks throughout the Hard Capsule and Licaps operations. This position will rotate between positions based on the needs of the business and fluctuations in customer orders.
- Perform tasks and responsibilities in Gel Prep of an Gel Melt Operator, Dye Operator and Gel Prep Operator.
- Perform tasks and responsibilities in Hard Capsule Operations of an Quality Management Associate (QMA)—including Vcaps Plus, Plantcaps and Press-Fit, including Relief Operator.
- Perform tasks in Printing Operations of Printing and Finishing Operator
- Perform tasks and responsibilities of Licaps Operator including tank preparation, filling and sealing operation, inspection and packaging operation.
- Maintain production records as required by Good Manufacturing Practices
- Must have a GED or High School Diploma
- Must score a 50 or less on Color Test in order to work in (Gel Prep)
- Must score a 100 or less on Color Test (All operator positions except Gel Prep)
- Must have passing scores of 4 on all required Work Keys (Math, Reading, Locating, and Observation) and a 36 on Bennett Mechanical Testing
- Ability to work with percentages, decimals, and fractions and do related calculations
- Ability to accurately use precision weighing equipment
- Lift, push, and pull objects up to 50 lbs.
- Basic computer skills
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.